A brand new permanant exhibition will open at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum in Gosport on 15 June to mark the anniversary of the first operational patrol of HMS Resolution.
As the UK’s premier destination for naval heritage, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard welcomes over 925,000 visitors a year, inspiring them with the stories of the men and women of the Royal Navy over the centuries. Find out about our annual pass and how you can access the Mary Rose.
The Mary Rose Trust has decided to move away from the combined ticket offer. As of 1 April, the Mary Rose has not been part of the All Attraction Ticket and requires an additional ticket which can be purchased from the Mary Rose website or bought on the day.
To help visitors understand this change we have stopped selling All Attraction Tickets and replaced them with a new 11 Attraction Annual Pass.
The 11 Attraction Annual Pass is by far the best value option, giving you unrivalled access to top attractions including HMS Victory and HMS Warrior, as well as Action Stations, the ‘Lucky Ship’ M33, The National Museum of the Royal Navy, BoatHouse 4, The Jutland Exhibition, Dockyard Apprentice and a 45 minute boat ride viewing the harbour from the sea.
It also gives you access to special events, activities and exhibitions - so you'll have plenty to see and do throughout the year.
Visitors can also enjoy the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower in Gosport which are accessed by a complimentary waterbus. If you have limited time, we now offer any 1, any 2 or any 3 attraction tickets which are valid for a day only.SEE TICKETS
Get to grips with changes to annual tickets and what's included as part of an 11 Attraction Annual Pass
In April, the Mary Rose Trust left the combined ticketing agreement with Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. This means the attraction is no longer part of the 11 Attraction Annual Pass and requires a separate ticket.
The Mary Rose museum no longer offers a combined ticket with Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. Visitors wanting to purchase a Mary Rose ticket will need to visit their website or buy one on the day at their visitor centre. We still offer our best value 11 Attraction Annual Pass which includes entry to: HMS Warrior 1860, HMS Victory, 36 Hours: Jutland 1916, National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth, Action Stations, HMS M.33, Harbour Tours, Boathouse 4, Dockyard Apprentice, Royal Navy Submarine Museum and Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower.
If you purchased an All Attraction Ticket before 1 April 2018, your ticket is valid up until the expiration date. The Mary Rose Trust will continue to accept your ticket until the expiration date if you purchased an All Attraction Ticket. If you purchased an 11 Attraction Annual Pass after the deadline, your ticket will not include the Mary Rose.
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard provides the best activities this half term for big and little adventurers. From stepping onboard historic warships to taking part in our Fighting Fit Royal Navy challenges – there’s plenty to see and do. What’s more, kids go free this half term and all activities are included as part of their ticket.
Get exclusive benefits and discounts from only £39 online
• Members registering online will receive a confirmation email which they are then able to take to any of our sites and be issued with a temporary ticket until they receive their membership card.
• Each individual on a family or joint membership will be issued with their own membership card.
• Children (under the age of 16) on a family membership do not need to be accompanied by their parents/the primary member to obtain entry as a member during each visit, but are still required to be accompanied by a responsible adult or guardian.
• Members with disabilities are entitled to receive free entry for one carer. Proof of eligibility is required.
• All members are reminded to check that they are in possession of their membership cards before you set out on a journey (or Welcome Email if your Membership card is yet to be received).
• Membership cards are not transferrable.
• If a membership card is lost or stolen, please contact the Membership Secretary on 02392 989763. These can be replaced at a cost of £5.00.
• In some instances where our sites are holding Special Event Days an additional entry fee may apply. Please check our events page for further details.
As a member you will receive a range of benefits. Membership packages generally include:
• Free annual entry into all Museums owned by The National Museum of The Royal Navy.
• Discounts and offers from our site partners.
• Offers from carefully selected third parties.
Here is the full list of the benefits available to The National Museum of The Royal Navy MembersUnlimited entry to all NMRN museums and ships
25% discount into NMRN museums for friends & family – up to 4 people
25% discount on all NMRN guidebooks
10% discount on all NMRN cafes and restaurants
10% discount at all NMRN shops
Dedicated Members’ e-newsletter
Access to our exclusive Online Members’ Area
Discount and Early Bird tickets to selected events
Special tours of maritime interest in conjunction with NMRN Friends of Museum schemes
Exclusive invitations to behind the scenes museum tours and previews.
We reserve the right to change these benefits at any time and without notice. Where possible, changes will be announced on our websites and Members will be notified by email.
Any third party providers of a benefit included in your Membership package will have absolute discretion in relation to the provision of those benefits.
Services supplied by a third party will be subject to the supplier’s own terms and conditions. We are not responsible for, and do not accept any liability for, loss or damage suffered as a result of a fault, error or omission in the provision of such services.
Direct Debit Payments
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, we will notify you in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If we request to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of request.
• If an error has been made in the payment of your Direct Debit by us or your bank/building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when requested to do so by us.
• You can cancel a Direct Debit any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. We would be grateful if you also notify us using the contact methods set out below.
• If you change your mind about subscribing as a Member after purchasing, you may request a refund by notifying our Membership Secretary in writing within 14 days of purchase.
Queries, comments and complaints:
Contact our Membership Secretary on:
Telephone: +44 (0)2392 728069
The Membership Office
The National Museum of The Royal Navy
HM Naval Base
Office hours are Monday to Friday 09:00-16:30 (excluding public holidays)
Details of how The National Museum of the Royal Navy is to invest almost £33million in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and the wider city over the next two years were unveiled today.
Seven years of chronicling the construction of the Royal Navy’s newest destroyers and monolithic aircraft carriers are the inspiration for Shipyard, a remarkable exhibition by renowned Scottish artist Lachlan Goudie which opens at The National Museum of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard on 17 March.
Theirs was a love affair that scandalised society and continues to grip the imagination and this Valentine’s Day, 14 February, visitors to The National Museum of the Royal Navy in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard have a rare chance to get up close and personal to the betrothal ring Vice Admiral Lord Nelson gave to his mistress Emma Hamilton on the eve of his final departure from British soil.
February half term is about adventuring together and loving the great outdoors and the good indoors. Portsmouth Historic Dockyard provides the best activities this half term for big and little adventurers. From building Lego ships to meeting historic characters – there’s plenty to see and do this half term.
Best-ever visitor numbers for Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
The National Museum of the Royal Navy is celebrating its best-ever performance across the country and at its managed destination brand, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.