Casual Learning Producer - Portsmouth
£9.00 per hour
Various hours available to help cover school bookings, uniform groups and family learning activities during holidays
The National Museum of the Royal Navy (NMRN) is recruiting Casual Learning Producers to join our Learning team at the National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals to work onboard our amazing ships, including HMS Victory and our museum galleries, as well as out in the community to deliver exciting and engaging learning activities to school children, uniform groups and families.
Reporting to the Learning Manager (Creative Approaches) this role is pivotal in creating the NMRN’s vision to become the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum.
• To deliver exciting, fun learning activities for schools children and family visitors, demonstrating the core competencies and NMRN MARITIME values and behaviours.
• To ensure visitors are delighted, engaged and inspired.
• To develop audiences beyond the walls of the museum though community outreach.
• To work with volunteers and develop best practice in museum learning.
• To deliver unique, consistent and high levels of visitor experience and satisfaction, in line with the ethos and branding of NMRN.
Experience of working with formal learning and informal learning groups
Experience of delivering learning outside of the classroom
Knowledge of formal learning curricula
A broad understanding of naval history and naval heritage or a willingness to learn
Experience of communicating and engaging with a wide and varied audience.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified.
The selection process will be held on Friday 12th October 2018.
An exciting opportunity has risen to work in a brand new cookhouse in the heart of the historic dockyard, the position is on a variable contract, working Monday-Sunday with occasional evening work- If you think you’re the right person for the job, We look forward to hearing from you.
• To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
• To report all accidents, breakages, losses, unsafe working conditions and any other irregularities
• To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene
• To strive to continually exceed Customer expectations and provide excellent customer care
• To be responsible for the preparation, service and presentation of food and beverages and other catering requests
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management
• To ensure all employees in the unit adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
• CH&Co values
• To ensure effective selling opportunities are supported by all staff having full product knowledge of all items available
• To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work
• To protect all company property in the unit and maintain all such property in a manner of good and safe repair.
Boathouse 4 is located in one of the oldest and most historic parts of the Historic Dockyard. Few visitors realise that we have been building wooden boats here for hundreds of years.
Would you like to join our team of volunteers?
Do you love Portsmouth, Wooden boats and our Naval Heritage?
Could you tell visitors the story of Boathouse 4?
Boathouse 4 has been restored and is now open as a FREE attraction at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our team
Our volunteers get involved in;
• The conservation and restoration of small boats from the Portsmouth Naval Base’s collection that come to us for repair or restoration.
• Leading a daily tour of our workshop floor telling visitors about the work underway.
• Telling our visitors about the significance and history of small boats in the Royal Navy and building boats in Boathouses 4,5,6,7.
• Demonstrate aspects of woodworking/boatbuilding or rope making to visitors – Training can be provided.
• Welcoming and interacting with our visitors.
• Help with our ‘hands-on’ activities and workshops for all ages.
• Crew our fleet of WWII boats.
LOVE NAVAL HISTORY? SHARE IT WITH US!
Volunteer at the National Museum of the Royal Navy
We have an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to volunteer with the NMRN.
We are looking for front of house volunteers to engage with our visitors across our unique and historic attractions, these include:
· HMS Victory
The world’s oldest commissioned warship, Lord Horatio Nelson’s flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar.
· HMS M.33
One of only 3 Royal Navy ships to survive from World War One, served at the Gallipoli Campaign in 1915.
· 36 HOURS: JUTLAND 1916 EXHIBITION (OPENS MAY 2016)
Largest exhibition dedicated at the Battle of Jutland in the world
· NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE ROYAL NAVY GALLERIES
Housed in two Grade I listed buildings displaying artefacts from the beginning of the Royal Navy to the modern day.
We welcome all ages and backgrounds (18+) to volunteer in our ships and galleries.
Volunteering with us is a great way to meet new people, developing new skills, gain experience and taken on new challenges
Boathouse 7 requires waiting staff to work in our busy cafeteria in the heart of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
Hours of work are predominately 9-5 including weekends, with some evening shifts.
Overall purpose of the job
Performing a variety of tasks associated with food service in a high volume cafe and delivering excellent customer service in the catering unit.
• Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
• Communicate confidently with customer & exceeding visitor expectation
• Ability to work within in a team and individually
• To complete unit specific tasks and sign off all associated paperwork
• To attend team meetings as required
• To operate the till in line with company operation and cash handling procedures
• To maximize uptake and spend per head
Experience preferred but not essential.
If you think you are the person for the role in this busy, vibrant and friendly unit, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your C.V along with a Covering Letter to :