Salary: £28,000 per annum
Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust (PNBPT) is seeking to recruit a full-time Instructor to join the expanding, dynamic team at IBTC Portsmouth, working in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
Reporting to the Head of Teaching, the successful candidate will use their proven track record as a multi-disciplinary shipwright to teach boatbuilding to motivated students of all ages. They will contribute to the development and delivery of an exciting programme of courses, helping each individual student achieve a high standard of proficiency.
The successful applicant will have experience of managing diverse groups of people and of project managing new builds, rebuilds and restorations on time and on budget. Strong teaching and communication skills are essential along with proficiency in woodworking machinery, hand and power tools.
Main duties include:
For further information about the role and how to apply, please visit the Job Vacancies page of our website www.pnbpropertytrust.org
Closing date: 25 January 2019
An exciting opportunity has risen to work in a brand new cookhouse in the heart of the historic dockyard, the position is on a variable contract, working Monday-Sunday with occasional evening work- If you think you’re the right person for the job, We look forward to hearing from you.
• To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
• To report all accidents, breakages, losses, unsafe working conditions and any other irregularities
• To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene
• To strive to continually exceed Customer expectations and provide excellent customer care
• To be responsible for the preparation, service and presentation of food and beverages and other catering requests
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management
• To ensure all employees in the unit adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
• CH&Co values
• To ensure effective selling opportunities are supported by all staff having full product knowledge of all items available
• To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work
• To protect all company property in the unit and maintain all such property in a manner of good and safe repair.
Boathouse 4 is located in one of the oldest and most historic parts of the Historic Dockyard. Few visitors realise that we have been building wooden boats here for hundreds of years.
Would you like to join our team of volunteers?
Do you love Portsmouth, Wooden boats and our Naval Heritage?
Could you tell visitors the story of Boathouse 4?
Boathouse 4 has been restored and is now open as a FREE attraction at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our team
Our volunteers get involved in;
• The conservation and restoration of small boats from the Portsmouth Naval Base’s collection that come to us for repair or restoration.
• Leading a daily tour of our workshop floor telling visitors about the work underway.
• Telling our visitors about the significance and history of small boats in the Royal Navy and building boats in Boathouses 4,5,6,7.
• Demonstrate aspects of woodworking/boatbuilding or rope making to visitors – Training can be provided.
• Welcoming and interacting with our visitors.
• Help with our ‘hands-on’ activities and workshops for all ages.
• Crew our fleet of WWII boats.
Boathouse 7 requires waiting staff to work in our busy cafeteria in the heart of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
Hours of work are predominately 9-5 including weekends, with some evening shifts.
Overall purpose of the job
Performing a variety of tasks associated with food service in a high volume cafe and delivering excellent customer service in the catering unit.
• Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
• Communicate confidently with customer & exceeding visitor expectation
• Ability to work within in a team and individually
• To complete unit specific tasks and sign off all associated paperwork
• To attend team meetings as required
• To operate the till in line with company operation and cash handling procedures
• To maximize uptake and spend per head
Experience preferred but not essential.
If you think you are the person for the role in this busy, vibrant and friendly unit, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your C.V along with a Covering Letter to :