Job vacancies at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and its associated attractions are advertised within these pages and externally in the relevant press. Please only apply for vacancies that are available as we are unable to reply to speculative letters.
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Contract: Fixed Term Contracts, commencing May 10th 2021 ending October 31st 2021
- 8 hours per week, 2 posts - weekends (4 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday)
- 12 hours per week, 2 posts – Wednesday – Friday (4 hours per day)
- 7 hours per week – weekends (3.5 hours Saturday and Sunday)
- Working 2 out of 3 weekends, 2 posts, Saturday and Sunday (6.5 hours a day term time and 7.5 hours a day during school holidays)
These posts can be combined if more hours are required.
There is the opportunity to work paid additional shifts, primarily at weekends and during school holidays.
Casual Team Member
Salary: £9.00 +13.5% holiday pay per hour (£10.22 per hour)
Two Casual Staff are required to cover for staff absences, and additional paid hours primarily at weekends and during school holidays.
Location: The Royal Navy Submarine Museum and The Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower, Gosport
We are recruiting for Team Members and Casual Team Members to join our friendly visitor experience team working in a unique heritage environment in Gosport. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking for a customer facing role to deliver a first-class visitor experience at our exceptional attractions, The Royal Navy Submarine Museum and The Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower. The successful candidates will be expected to work across both sites in all areas, including retail and catering outlets.
Reporting to the Visitor Experience Managers and Supervisors, these varied roles are pivotal in creating the NMRN’s vision to become the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum.
- To join a great team working within a unique heritage environment.
- Ensuring our visitors are welcomed, assisted, delighted, engaged and inspired.
- Selling tickets and merchandise in cafes and shops.
- To ensure the safety and security for visitors, staff and property.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment with retail and sales knowledge an advantage, but not essential, as full training will be given.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety and Security requirements and a willingness to learn more.
- The ability to communicate and engage with a wide and varied audience.
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes.
- Discounted tickets for family and friends.
- 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) pro-rated, increasing to 25 days after 5 years’ service (potential for this to increase as work is currently being undertaken to review annual leave allowance) for employees.
- Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit) for employees.
- Employee Assistance Programme for employees.
- Digital mental wellness support for employees.
This job role does involve a requirement to work outside in varied weather conditions.
To view the role profile, please click here.
Please state your preference of vacancy from the list above when applying.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Gosport Duty Manager on GosportDutymanager@nmrn.org.uk
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified. Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at recruitment@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 12pm on Thursday 22nd April 2021. The selection process will be held during W/C 26th April 2021.