Portsmouth Historic Dockyard has announced a limited ticket offer for the summer where every child will receive FREE entry into the attractions when accompanied by a full paying adult. The offer will run from the 14th July – 2nd September.
If that wasn’t tempting enough, the Big Ticket is also included in the ‘Kids Go Free’ offer. This extended ticket allows visitors to explore heritage sites around the harbour for as little as £5 more, including admission to the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and Explosion! Museum of Naval Firepower, plus Waterbus transfers.
Staff at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard are expecting the offer to prove popular with families looking for a good value day out as the maritime destination consistently receives good reviews, securing its position as one of the leading visitor attractions in the South. It has recently retained its accreditation of Quality Assured Visitor Attraction from Visit England and also a Certificate of Excellence from review website TripAdvisor for consistent and excellent ratings in the past year.
This is a fantastic family attraction not only for the history but for children as a "hands on" day out. (Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Visitor Survey 2012)
There is so much to do here for all ages, that you can happily spend a whole day here. TripAdvisor June 2012
This is a must see, which has a number of different attractions for all of the family. TripAdvisor June 2012
Home to the world-famous ships HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860 and leading UK maritime museum, National Museum of the Royal Navy; Portsmouth Historic Dockyard also offers hands-on fun with tests of skill and bravery at Action Stations which represents today’s Royal Navy and the opportunity to see the modern fleet up close on a boat trip of Portsmouth Harbour.
The Mary Rose Story continues to intrigue as it enters a new chapter with the building of a stunning new museum, due to open later this year. Before then visitors can get up close and personal with the existing collection and handle a collection of original and replica artefacts. A specially commissioned film relays the story so far and there is also previously unseen footage of the ship’s hull as well as the chance to meet the crew as costumed interpreters bring to life the roles of the barber-surgeon, navigator and carpenter.
Across the attractions, young explorers can also learn history in fun ways with costumed interpreters, games, dressing-up, crafts, trails and talks. There’s also lots of space for children to explore in their own way, including indoor attractions to cater for that ever-changing British weather!
Those with a more serious interest in naval matters have ample opportunities to discover more and our expert guides are on hand to help.
With a wide range of events to supplement the visit, families really can engage with their history this summer and come face to face with the fascinating artefacts, ships, stories and people that helped shape our nation’s history and all for a great price!
Ticket and visiting information is available on www.historicdockyard.co.uk or by calling 023 9283 9766
• One free child ticket is available when a full price adult ticket is purchased.
• The offer is valid from 14th July – 2nd September 2012 inclusive.
• Normal validity, terms and conditions apply to the adult ticket purchased.
• The free child ticket is valid for unlimited access to HMS Warrior 1860, National Museum of the Royal Navy and Action Stations and one entry to HMS Victory, Mary Rose Story and Harbour Tours (and Submarine Museum and Explosion if BIG ticket purchased) until 2nd September 2012 only.
• A child is classified as age 7-15 years inclusive.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult and be issued with a nil value ticket.
• Not valid in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
• The offer is valid for tickets purchased online, in our Visitor Centre and through our affiliate members.
• The offer is valid for Historic Dockyard and BIG tickets. Not valid on event tickets or loyalty club.
• Seniors may opt to buy an adult ticket to qualify for the kids go free offer.
• Portsmouth Historic Dockyard reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.