Colleagues across the National Museum including HMS Caroline in Belfast are being urged to become a Dementia Friend, a national scheme for people to learn a little bit more about what it's like to live with dementia and then turn that understanding into action.
The session identified ways that front of house staff can help visitors who may be living with dementia and highlighted the five key things to know about dementia.
- Dementia is not a natural part of ageing
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
- It's not just about losing your memory
- People can still live well with dementia
- There is more to the person than dementia
Here what our colleagues had to say about the sessions here.