Salary: £28,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
The Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust (PNBPT) is seeking to recruit a Shipwright Instructor to join our team at IBTC Portsmouth, working in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
This is a full-time permanent position at 37.5 hours per week, reporting to the Head of Teaching. The post-holder will be expected to deliver training in boatbuilding and joinery skills to a wide range of Learners and contribute to ongoing Learner and course development.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record as a multi-disciplined Shipwright, experience of managing diverse groups of people and of teaching in the Lifelong Learning sector. Strong teaching and communication skills are essential along with a proficiency in wood working machinery and power tools.
Main duties include:
- Delivering high quality shipwright training to Learners in line with course syllabus;
- Assessing and recording Learner progress against training targets, creating tailored Learning Plans;
- Managing deployment of Learners to maximise learning opportunity and productivity, under the direction of the Head of Teaching and the Director of Marine Operations;
- Acting as Fire Warden during the working day and, on rotation, as Fire Marshall to the building on weekends (approximately 1 weekend in 6), training provided;
- Ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, and that all necessary policies, working guidance, procedures and recording mechanisms are maintained and updated.
Closing date: 20 April 2018