Permanent Attractions Visitor Host/Technician
Salary £17,063.00 per annum plus enhancement of £2.00 per hour for Technician duties
Portsmouth Naval Base Property Trust currently has a vacancy for a Permanent Attractions Visitor Host/Technician. This is a full-time permanent post and the successful applicant will work 5 out of 7 days, and be worked on an annualised hours system. A keen interest in the Technical aspects of the job is essential and any previous technical experience is welcomed.
Main duties will involve:
1. Acting as Duty Technician when required
2. Acting as Conference Technician for special events when required.
3. Acting as Projectionist for No.6 Cinema when required.
4. Welcoming and orientating visitors and checking tickets on entry.
5. Working on the Laser Quest arena, briefing and marshalling participants, operating the till and handling cash.
6. Operating all Action Stations exhibits and displays and ensuring that participants are enjoying themselves safely.
7. Operating the Mast Climbing Experience in BH4 when required.
8. Assisting with workshops, corporate events, education visits, birthday parties and other events as necessary.
9. Operating the cinema and running the Action Stations film, Command Approved.
10. Keeping Action Stations clean and tidy and in a presentable state for visitors.
11. Moving furniture to any designated area within Action Stations, in preparation for special events.
Closing date – Wednesday 31st January 2018
Interviews scheduled for: Tuesday 6th February 2018