NEW HMS Alliance
Newly restored after a £7m refit and ready for patrol! Assault all your senses by walking on board HMS Alliance, the only remaining WW2 era British ocean going submarine.
As if she is about to leave for sea, take a time journey through every decade of her service from the 1940s to the 1970s. Take a peek through the working periscopes, and see, hear and even smell how life was lived under the sea.
New for 2014, you can now cruise across the harbour on our complimentary waterbus and explore the submarine experience of HMS Alliance, fully restored and ready for patrol.
- Meet a submariner and hear his stories of living on board.
- In the museum step on board Holland 1, the Royal Navy's very first submarine and peer into X24, the only midget submarine to have survived from WW2.
- Have fun in the museum in our interactive gallery and indoor water play area.
Our great value All Attraction tickets give entry to all of the attractions for 1 entire year...
- The NEW Mary Rose Museum
- HMS Victory
- HMS Warrior 1860
- NEW HMS Alliance at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum, plus the Royal Marines Museum and Explosion! The Museum of Naval Firepower*
- National Museum Royal Navy Portsmouth including the NEW Hear My Story Gallery
- Action Stations
- Harbour Tours
* Included in All Attraction tickets purchased after 4th April 2014.
If you would like to visit with a group of 15 or more people please call 023 9283
9766 for more information. Up to 25% discount is
you can book your time slots in advance.
We offer a range of education visits for groups at all levels from Foundation
Stage through to Post 16. We provide experiences that can't be created in a
classroom and bring learning to life.
Our world famous historical attractions are available for hire for your event.
Each of our venues can be booked individually or mixed and matched. Call 023
9289 3317 for more details.